Sunday, January 20, 2008

2008: a look ahead at the next 11.5 hellish months of my feminist film life

Thus far, two of the first nineteen days of 2008 have brought me to the magnificent AMC Rivereast theatre where I've endured two very bad chick flicks - P.S. I Love You (2007) and 27 Dresses (2008). Watching both films gave me both a sour stomach and, as an added bonus, a preview of worse things to come - trailers for even more bad women's films! Right now I'm going through IMDB's release calendar to see what's in store for me this year. Ahem:

January:

Mad Money
Teeth (actually looks interesting and...good!)
How She Move
4 Months, 3 weeks, 2 Days (technically a 2007 release)

February:

The Eye
Over Her Dead Body
Caramel
Fool's Gold
The Hottie and the Nottie
Definitely, Maybe
My Blueberry Nights
Possession
The Other Boleyn Girl
Mama, I want to sing!
Penelope


March:

College Road Trip
The Accidental Husband
Doomsday
Funny Games (remake)
Sleepwalking
Meet the Browns
Stop Loss
(directed by a woman - Kimberly Pierce)

April:

Nim's Island
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Baby Mama
Amusement


May:

Made of Honor
Sex and the City: The Movie
What Happens in Vegas...


June:

...

July:

Mama Mia!

August:

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants 2

September:

...

October:

...

November:

...

December:

...

If anyone would like to donate money or AMC gift certificates for my cause, I'll be more than happy to give you my address. I will need help. Sheesh. I'm so depressed.

No comments: